carmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
SO my fiance has decided to sell her 94 Grand Cherokee.

We called CarMax and they said that by what we told them over the phone, they would offer the middle rating price from NADA. We were honest with them on the phone. We told them also, if they couldn't give at least X ammount, it wasn't worth our drive (70 miles each way) to come. They said they could give more than X ammount.

Took it down today, with me following in the truck, to bring her and the kids home, and they decide they are can give us no more than a $1000 less than what they said on the phone. Said it was because there is no CARFAX history on it.

Told em they can go get f****D.

ur always gonna get more for your car in a private sale. carmax is a business which means they gotta make a profit on whatever they buy. so they will always try to give u close to nothin for it. i took my car to them to see how much i could get on a trade. blue book on my 95 volvo in the condition that it was in was 3200. they said they would give me 1100 on a trade. i told them the same thing u did. i traded it for a running 86 cutlass salon and 1k. and a week later my friend totaled it and dui. sucks for him.

its not just carmax, its any buisness place. i took my saturn up to my local saturn dealer and wanted to buy a 95 sl2 5 speed and trade in my old one. mind you the old one is worth 1200-900 according to kbb.com, and the new one is worth around 3k. i also just at the time payed 1200 for a brand new transmission. they looked at the car and said they would give me $100. i told them i rather keep the old car. so i ask the sales guy since i dont have a bank account, but ive been working at the same job right down the street for 3 years if i can still get financed, he said yes. then he goes and "talks with his manager" for like 5 minutes while im looking around at the show room. so he comes back and asks if i wanna buy a ion instead. i said hell no, i want the sl2. then he goes back and "talks" for another 5 minutes, comes back and says "sorry we cant finance you." douches..... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor