Column shifter to floor shifter, 85 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

utfan01ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2009
Knoxville, TN
How hard is it to swap from a steering column shifter to a floor shifter with bucket seats? Which cars interchange from each other and how hard is it to find parts? Would Monte Carlo parts work? There seems to be more Monte Carlo's where I live than Oldsmobiles is why I ask. Thanks for the help, I'm still trying to learn what these cars are about.

Floor shifter and cable
Console assembly
bucket seats
regular steering column

Anything else I need from a donor car?

supreme_eighty5

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Upstate, NY
its not hard at all, you need the brackets for the shifter, and the bracket for the console, or you could make your own. also you need to drill a hole for your cable to run through the floor. im doing it now on my 85, and im pretty sure i left out a few things, but i hope it helps. and you might want to take measurements off the donor car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor