Couple of Monte tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERMzSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2009
My first story was the most recent.

I was on my home from work one morning a few months back in my daily driver the supercharged Cobalt (I work 3rd shift) and I get stoped at a red light. I have both windows down just jamin some tunes when a beautiful black 05ish Shelby Mustang (not the supercharged one) pulls up next to me. I dont really even like stangs but this car was very clean and sounded mean. He made it clear he wanted some so I played his game knowing I was the underdog. I had bald tires that needed to be replaced very badly, we get the green and take off and I nail the launch which isnt easy in this fwd car. Im about a fender ahead and go into 2nd...I start spinning BAD (crappy tires) but I stay in it hoping it will catch quickly. Well it never does...spins all thur 2nd gear and this allows him to catch up and pull ahead by half a car. I go into 3rd and his higher horse power starts kicking in and he starts pulling on me. I shut down at around 85mph and he had put just about 2 cars on me. I was pretty happy with my little 4 banger but I was really hoping this all would of happend to me when I was in my Monte Carlo. Fast forward a month later and crazy thing happens....he pulls up next to me at that same light at the same time of day agian!!! Only this time im in the MONTE!!!

I knew he would go so I am smiling like a crazy person at this point waiting for the green.....we get it and take off. My 84 SSMC has a 97 LT1 w/the LT4 upgrade package and a 4l60e w/3/73 gears out back. We are dead even at first but once I stop spinning I start pulling hard. At about 60 im over a car a head and I just keep pulling. Not sure how fast I get to but I blow him out of the water enough that theres no excuses to be had on his end lol. Monte 1 Mustang 0

My other story was when I was a senior in high school. I had only had my Monte Carlo SS for a few months. It was still stock at this time. Im driving up to school and im taking the road that runs out in front of our school and traffic is backing up in the right lane. I go out and pass in the left lane (one way street) because people are stopping in the road to let there kids out. I make the mistake of getting on it and it chirps 2nd gear. Well I didnt know it at the time but the coppers were out in full force on there bikes handing out tickets to those people stopping in the road to let there kids out. I switch back to the right lane and make a right hand turn into the student parking lot. Shut my car off, open the door and grab my stuff before I step out. I hear "get back in that car!" I look up and its a bicycle cop lol.......and his bicycle is parked behind my car.....oh no! He takes all the normal stuff from me and heads over to another officers cruiser to look up all my info. During this time im sitting in my car watching all my friends and classmates walking by......some laughing.....some looked concerned. Cop comes back and starts yelling at me telling me he is gona take me to jail. Im scared out of my mind by now, one of my teachers comes up and talks with the cop for awhile and he ends up giving me a reckless driving ticket and telling me to "take my *ss to class". This ends up costing me 3 trips to court, 8 hours of community service and about $300 in fines. I was dumb for doing what I did but to this day I still get made fun of for it by friends of mine. Im the only person they know thats been pulled over by a bicycle cop lol.

I gotta ask cause I've been stopped alot but never by a bicycle cop, If you took off does he have a hand held siren or does he make the sound with his mouth? :rofl:

lets see some pics of the monte!!

Here she is in "sleeper/need new wheels status" lol

montecarlo1.jpg

good looking monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor