Currie 9-inch G-Body install strange placard on frame? what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
Earlier this year I bought a sharp 85 ElCo project with a blown 383 engine, but it had a lot of cool parts already installed like a 700 OD with beefy 9-inch rear disc brakes 3.70 posi.

Working on it lately I noticed a little 2x2 plate on the frame just above the diff, on both side of the car on the frame above the diff.

it's the little red square in the photos. What am I looking at?

Attachments

• IMG_7913.JPG
    IMG_7913.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7914.JPG
    IMG_7914.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 102

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
The plate is metal and stuck to the frame really tight, tried to pry it off with a little screwdriver that bent.

who is WH?

Attachments

• IMG_7686.JPG
    IMG_7686.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 88

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It's an assembly line broadcast code...the assembly plant used it to identify which frame it was, differnt versions got different codes

As each vehicle was assembled, there was a sheet with numerous codes that specified what part was to be installed. Quicker/easier than spelling out all the possible variations in that environment

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
It's an assembly line broadcast code...the assembly plant used it to identify which frame it was, differnt versions got different codes

As each vehicle was assembled, there was a sheet with numerous codes that specified what part was to be installed. Quicker/easier than spelling out all the possible variations in that environment
All the GMT400 trucks had the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor