Cutlass Interior Ideas/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
So I was running some ideas through my head to day to polish up my ol' cutlass a little more... Has anyone ever swapped in a billet column in a G Body? or another idea, can you just buy the billet gm column shell and swap it onto a factory column?

I'd like to have a few brushed aluminium accents in the interior and I think a column and replacing the wood grain for some brushed peices just might to the trick.. and then top the column off w/ a burgandy leather wrapped banjo (wire spoked, like early fords '36-'37ish) style steering wheel it should set the interior off pretty nicely.. The wheel should go good w/ the 16x10 and 16x7 True Spokes I've got collecting dust too..

Another idea I had instead of swapping the 60/40 Bench for Buckets (which the only reason I want buckets is for a console).. I was thinking of building a console into the flip down arm rest, (one in the rear w/ cup holders too). Then cover the seats in burgandy leather...

If you have any ideas for subtle yet cool interior mods let me know! and If you've got pictures or ideas on the steering column deal post 'em...

Thanks!

Those billet columns are more work than they're worth.

You'll just receive a bare column, and you'll have to cut off and modify all the mounting brackets and plates from your stock column.

that's what I figured I've installed quite a few in old street rods, and it was fairly straight forward, but I figured it be a pain making it all work and look right in the cutlass.. that's why I was wondering if it's possible to just buy a billet case to replace the plastic/die cast case, but I'm sure there are some issues with that too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor