cutlass interior questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandfreak

n00b
Nov 25, 2008
Hello I am new to the site and am working on a 1980 malibu. I have a guy here local that has 78 cutlass interior. It is black leather buckets , back leather seat, black carpet and black console with shifter. This stuff has no (0) flaws. Im sure the seats will fit but what about the console and would it look funky being cutlass not elmontebu? I will be going from split bench to bucket. what about door panels? . Last of all- what would be a fair price for above items? The guy says its really rare- IS it? thanks for your help. Josh

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I would say the seats would fit with no problem as long as your car came with bucket seats and the door panals would also but might not look right. If the price is right go for it. If it doesn't work out you could try selling them.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Even though your car has a split bench, bucket seats will fit. You will need to get the mounting brackets for the center console for that to fit, and you will need to drill a hole for the shifter cable. I am asuming your car has a column shifter??? If so you will also want a steering column from a car that has a floor shifter. I am sure their is more stuff that you need when switching from a column shift to a floor shifter, but I am not sure what.

I would say that the leather interior is very rare if it came like that from the factory, I have never seen one. I heard that they had leather for an option in Grand Prix's, but I thought that was it. I have no idea what that interior would be worth.

shane93nc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2008
charlotte
I was out at the local pull a part place a few months ago and came across a 78 Cutlas with what appeared to be all black leather interior. It also had the console shifter too. The interoir was in great condition. The only flaws I noticed was wear on the drivers seat. Thats it. The door panels looked good. The carpet looked good and the rear seat looked good. The doors didn't even sag. I wanted the door hinges but was not sure if they would fit my 81 Regal. I went back last week to get the carpet out of the trunk and I noticed that every bit of the interior had been removed.

sandfreak

n00b
Nov 25, 2008
I have no Idea if it is real leather or not. I spent last night trying to find any info on it at all, and found verry little. I found some front seat backs(plastic section on the back of the front seats) that looked exactly the same including the ash trays, and a cutlass console that is exactly the same, so I am sure that it is cutlass original interior and the year is correct ,1978. I still dont know how good it would look to put cutlass console into a malibu. I also want to know if the cutlass console brackets are the same as the elmontebu console brackets. Does any ony have any to get rid of. I need a cutlass MASTER guru to help out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor