cutlass supreme front clip on a olds wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
hey everyone. i had another crazy idea. ive seen wagons with monte ss front clips which i know you can buy, but has any one tryed to put a 2 door cutlass clip on a olds wagon? i know that its not a bolt on thing but since i had the idea i figure some crazy s.o.b tryed to make it work. if you know of any pics please post them. im curious

Not my car, just some pics I saved

mywagon2.jpg

mywagon1.gif

Ribbedroof said:
Not my car, just some pics I saved

mywagon2.jpg

mywagon1.gif

THANKS. THAT DOSENT LOOK THAT BAD!! thanks for sharing the pics with me.

looks like it was converted to a two door aswell

85Supreme said:

it almost looks like they used the fenders and hood from a wagon and modified the header from a 2 dr

That would be a 2dr cutlass hood you can tell buy the body lines. But they are the fender from the wagon they had to cut and mold the front section of 2 dr fender into the wagon fender. Because in order to use the 2dr hood the fender had to be extended. The 2 door hoods are longer along with the fenders. I helped a buddy do a GN nose on a buick wagon thats what had to be done there to in order to use tHe GN hood. In my opinion it doesnt look right front end looks to long in front of tires and to long in general. Either way the guy has alot of time into that conversion to make it look right.

85Supreme said:
Not converter to a 2 door the back doors are welded shut and molded smooth.

chevy2480 said:
85Supreme said:

your right they are just welded shut and smoothed. and it does look a little long in the front but what if you used the wagon hood a just fitted the nose on. it would take a little bit of lenght outta the nose right?

sleepycutlasscruzer said:
chevy2480 said:
85Supreme said:

your right they are just welded shut and smoothed. and it does look a little long in the front but what if you used the wagon hood a just fitted the nose on. it would take a little bit of lenght outta the nose right?
Then you run into the problem that the wagon hood has different body lines then the header. If your good a fabrication maybe the 2dr hood can be shortened to the lenght of the stock wagon hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor