D Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
Hello to all, as a lot of you know I lost my parents in the last year. Despite my most valiant efforts I will be getting an E and D for my 2 4 credit courses. For the last 5 years of college i have never failed a course or in any college course for that matter. My GPA slipped from a 3.1 to a 2.84 last year and now it will drop to a 2.55. I was wondering, has anyone out there ever heard of a college allowing to expunge grades off a persons records in times like these. I was out of school for over 5 weeks dealing with funeral, the lawyer which still isnt even settled, I was sick for over a month too even went to the hospital. Personally for once, I think I deserve it even and im not a very deserving sort of person. Given the circumstances and the fact that i was going to graduate, and be done I figure they might? Again anyone ever do this, or hear of this being done? Let me know all of ya have helped before.

nate

Indiana and all its sister campuses offer grade replacements. You take the class again and literally replace the first grade. Also sometimes they allow you an "incomplete" on your transcript, meaning something came up and you couldnt complete the course. Im sure most colleges would have something like that. It's worth checking out.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'll have to take the course over again to get the grade expunged. I failed a couple of classes because of personal reasons I just stopped going to class and I retook the classes and they replaced the bad grade with the higher grade. It sucks because I'm sure credits are expensive where you're going and they were cheap when I had to do it, but I think it's well worth it if you care about how your transcripts look... Of course graduating is graduating but people do like to see that you got good grades.

Well i found out today by talking to the abudsman guy who is in charge or records or w/e. he told me that a D will count for credit as long as its a gen ed and not basic skills or major/minor class. I have to meet with him though about the other class getting dropped off so it might not be so bad afterall. I plan on doing my masters anyway so the grades are not real real important i already meet the graduate school requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor