Deals are still out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

85 Cutty

n00b
Apr 12, 2020
Minnesota
So my 18 year old son comes home yesterday afternoon and says “Dad let’s go look at a 87 T-top Monte SS I found.”

Not really for sale, under a tarp in a yard. Guy won’t give him price and I’m thinking what kind of pos are we going to look at.

Long story short we get there and to my surprise it’s not bad. Not running, but supposedly rebuilt motor. So I ask the guy what he wants for it. Doesn’t really know what he wants but decides he is ready to move it. Done putting money it. So my son remembers something I told him once. No price, give an insulting price and see what happens. Worst they can say is no! He says “Will ya take $500?”
To my surprise the guy says “That sounds good I’m ready to be done with it”

Well we got it home today tossed a battery in it and dumped some gas in the carb. Fired right up!! We left it at that for now. Most the emission crap and ac have been removed. But doesn’t matter where we live. I’m thinking some wiring and vacuum issues, tune up, and clean the fuel system he’s gonna have a decent car to cruise this summer and maybe beyond.
8EEDD50C-8AD5-4F1A-B9E9-DC1AFA5DE6A5.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 15 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Day-umm!! Pretty. I'd say your son scored way large. Buff the finish out and fix the owwies and enjoy.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor