DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
Everdrive.com has great prices on hard to find parts, BUT don't be lured in by their low prices. I recently ordered a chevy 350 longblock from them on 2-12-10 for $1250. It was ordered through Oreilly auto parts. I haven't recieved it yet :evil: . Everytime i call O'reilly to see if its in they tell me it should be in in the next 2-3 days. I told them monday that I was just going to come in for a refund. The manager told me that Everdrive would guarantee my motor here today and since i had to wait so long Oreilly would give me free oil change and tune up supplies. Since I was going to need to buy that stuff anyway, I decided to just wait. I called today to see if it was in and the manager at oreilly told me to hold on while he went to go check, 15mins later he returned to the phone to tell me it was still on its way. He said he called Everdrive customer service and got the runaround. Then he called the owner of everdrive and got no answer but he left him a message. The owner never called back :evil: I am so pissed. I could have bought another motor from a local engine shop and installed it by now. I am going to Oreilly for a refund tonight. I understand that it isn't their fault but they should definitely stop dealing with this company. Over 2 weeks and still no explanation? This has got to be the worst auto parts company in the history of auto parts!!!!! EVERYONE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Two weeks is hardly anything to worry about in this hobby. It took me two years to acquire the parts and assemble my 455.

I guess the Chevy guys need a bit more patience. ;)

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
I understand but it was supposed to be here in 3-5 days.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, that can be annoying.

I sent my stock HVAC controls out to Hot Rod Air to be modified to work with their aftermarket evaporator back in July. I still don't have them. :evil:
I've talked with the owner twice and each time he acts like he can understand why they're not done and will look into it and have them shipped later in the week. That was probably 4 weeks ago. He took my info down again and my email so that I would have a tracking number for it. Still nothing.
Got to give them a call again tomorrow to see what's up. At this point I'm going to start asking they knock some money off their original quote being that I was told in September it shouldn't be too much longer...

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
FE3X CLONE said:
Yeah, that can be annoying.

I sent my stock HVAC controls out to Hot Rod Air to be modified to work with their aftermarket evaporator back in July. I still don't have them. :evil:
I've talked with the owner twice and each time he acts like he can understand why they're not done and will look into it and have them shipped later in the week. That was probably 4 weeks ago. He took my info down again and my email so that I would have a tracking number for it. Still nothing.
Got to give them a call again tomorrow to see what's up. At this point I'm going to start asking they knock some money off their original quote being that I was told in September it shouldn't be too much longer...

Damn! I wonder why these companies act this way. With all the new gas savers and new styles of cars taking buisness away from the companies that deal strictly with older cars, older parts, and custom machine work, it seems like these companies should be doing everything they can to keep a good reputation and build their clientel. I guess I just don't get it.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
autozone deals with everdrive as well, i mostly see them in our computer systems for used parts like headlight assemblies and stuff

Attachments

• 20140125_141001.jpg
    20140125_141001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 203

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
That sucks. I have had that sort of thing happen to me before. I bet they are stalling until they can get one ready for you. They should at least be honest, though. I'd probably give them another week and the get a refund just to give them the benefit of the doubt.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
FE3X CLONE said:
Two weeks is hardly anything to worry about in this hobby. It took me two years to acquire the parts and assemble my 455.

But based on how "cheap and easy" it is supposed to be to build one, I thought SBC parts just fell from the sky... :roll:

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
joe_padavano said:
FE3X CLONE said:

But based on how "cheap and easy" it is supposed to be to build one, I thought SBC parts just fell from the sky... :roll:

haha, only chevy guys can grab their parts from an aisle at ANY parts store,

if there is a craigslist posting that simply states 'heads for sale' i automatically assume sbc and 9 times outta ten im right, lol

so yes, we are spoiled as $h!t

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I'm beginning to wonder if Hot Rod Air isn't going out of business. Tried calling them today and get the answering machine saying to leave a message. But then it says the voice mailbox is full. :evil:

At this point I could have figured out how to modify the HVAC controls myself to work with their evaporator. The worst part is I sent them an NOS control to use as well as all my solenoids and switches that came with the evaporator I bought. Hopefully I can at least get the parts I sent them back otherwise I'm up a creek without a paddle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor