DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_GM

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2010
1985Chevycutlass said:
I understand but it was supposed to be here in 3-5 days.

i had a similar experience with summit racing company, since then i only use jegs and napa for ordering. (and ebay)

Attachments

• IMG-20121107-00223.jpg
    IMG-20121107-00223.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 189

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
adumb said:
haha, only chevy guys can grab their parts from an aisle at ANY parts store,

if there is a craigslist posting that simply states 'heads for sale' i automatically assume sbc and 9 times outta ten im right, lol

so yes, we are spoiled as $h!t

other than oddball specialty parts (like the replacement ball pivots for my Crane 1441-kit that my buddy "lost") .... I don't think I've waited more than 2 days for any of my Olds stuff. Most of the time it's on the shelf .... maybe the guy that placed the order is an Olds fan and he knows your doing your Cutlass wrong!. Call emm up and ask how long on a SBO? :rofl:

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
FE3X CLONE said:
Two weeks is hardly anything to worry about in this hobby. It took me two years to acquire the parts and assemble my 455.

I guess the Chevy guys need a bit more patience. ;)

Andy is there ANYTHING standard on that beast? I'd expect you to have some delays.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Actually the biggest problem I had with my engine build was trying to get the thing balanced. My machine shop (Carquest)sends the parts out to another Carquest machine shop that does crank work and balancing. The other machine shop took 8 months before they even decided to mess with my stuff.
My machinist at my local Carquest was furious with them. Mostly because he had corporate breathing down his neck on why they hadn't been paid for this work yet. And he was yelling at corporate telling them he can't charge someone for services that haven't been performed and that they needed to look into the problems with the other Carquest.

Yeah, that was an aboslute mess. My first 455 only took a couple of weeks for them to machine and assemble.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
FE3X CLONE said:
Actually the biggest problem I had with my engine build was trying to get the thing balanced. My machine shop (Carquest)sends the parts out to another Carquest machine shop that does crank work and balancing. The other machine shop took 8 months before they even decided to mess with my stuff.
My machinist at my local Carquest was furious with them. Mostly because he had corporate breathing down his neck on why they hadn't been paid for this work yet. And he was yelling at corporate telling them he can't charge someone for services that haven't been performed and that they needed to look into the problems with the other Carquest.

Yeah, that was an aboslute mess. My first 455 only took a couple of weeks for them to machine and assemble.

guess I was lucky with my machinist .... he had done some Olds before and really seemed to know the difference between it and a Chevy. Even though I called him after disassembling my original heads and tanking them with the block. He ONLY charged me for the blcok and gave me the heads back re-assembled. He told me the block was in superb shape and suggested that we don't even over-bore. Crank was grooved and in another bit of honesty .... he called and inquired about a reconditioned crank (it was $20 more than him to turn mine and came with bearings). this guy did me right - big time AND was much cheaper than anyone else quoted. I had my stuff back and ready to assemble within 4 days. Engine tanked, checked, new cam bearings and freeze plugs.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Oh, my machinist knows what he's talking about. It's just the other shop he had to deal with was causing the problems.

He's a Chevy guy but is smart enough to know you don't build every engine make like a Chevy. Usually if he has a question, he'll call and ask me so I can find the answer or confirm what his original thoughts were.
He built my first 455 and while it wasn't too powerfull the thing last for years without any problems.

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
DrRansom442 said:
adumb said:
haha, only chevy guys can grab their parts from an aisle at ANY parts store,

if there is a craigslist posting that simply states 'heads for sale' i automatically assume sbc and 9 times outta ten im right, lol

so yes, we are spoiled as $h!t

other than oddball specialty parts (like the replacement ball pivots for my Crane 1441-kit that my buddy "lost") .... I don't think I've waited more than 2 days for any of my Olds stuff. Most of the time it's on the shelf .... maybe the guy that placed the order is an Olds fan and he knows your doing your Cutlass wrong!. Call emm up and ask how long on a SBO? :rofl:

:lol: Man you are telling the truth. The thing about it is that im in Louisiana and an Olds small block is a RARE LUXURY. Its like everyone thinks the Olds 307 was the only small block v8 they produced. I told a very reputable local engine shop that I was looking for a 403 and the machinest told me he had never heard of one :rofl: He told me I must be thinking of the Chevy 402 and that he could build me a stock 307 for $3000 :wtf: I wish I could have found an Olds 350 or 403 at the time. When I do happen to find an Olds 350 or 403 for sale, the person wants way too much ($2000 for a 403 with a spun bearing and needed a crankshaft). Im just sticking with the Chevy because last year I took out the 307 and 200r and installed a high performance Chevy sbc 355 and 350 trans because I couldnt find an olds 350 in the whole city. I bought the motor and transmission from a friend (i thought he was a friend) and the motor didn't last a year so im just going to throw in a stock sbc 350 until I can save up enough for something with more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor