Doing some Ad testing.... Info inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
So I'm testing some alternate ad config for "guest" users aka users NOT LOGGED IN to the site.

If you're a user, and logged in, you should NOT be seeing some of the more "annoying" ad types (video/anchor/vignette/etc.)...

If you're a user, and you're logged in, and you still wind up seeing them, log OUT and back IN again. If that doesn't fix it....

... quit blocking cookies, especially the one that tells the ad server not to show you the ads lol. Seriously its just one tiny wafer thin little cookie stands in the way.

If you're not doing that, then PLEASE let me know (via PM or email PLEASE!), so I can switch them off again and figure out what I did wrong. It *appears* to be working on my end, but....

like I said, if you're blocking cookies from the site, then you'll likely see them, because you're not allowing the flag to be set. There could be other weirdness at work, VPNs, corporate environments, etc.

But I'm trying to find a decent compromise to where you users (and especially you site supporters!) don't see what you shouldn't be seeing, and still flow with the current state of online ads, which is much much different than it was just a couple years ago. Sorry but its gotta happen.

I'll leave it alone for now, and let it run its course. Believe me I'm watching it. My account is set up basically the same as the average user on the site, so I can see what you're seeing.

I'll delete this thread if it all goes according to plan, and open replies if we have problems so we can sort them out.

Understand: I do NOT want to alienate the users of the site in any way, so if something shows up that shouldn't be, or is hampering use of the site, I'll fix it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor