Dont you hate how people advertise cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Local add

86 olds cutlass Station wagon V8 original owner loaded , power windows seats , 36000 original miles yada yada yada ***

So after a call and chat about car has v8 right ? yep Solid car? Yep So I basically I fly over there Not far 40 miles Hoping for a gem of a Cutlass wagon to play with.

I pull in drive get out garage door goes up and there sits a Ciera . Well I was steamed :evil: . First at me not asking Dud is it a RWD .... It did say a V8 in add and I asked him about it . Or for guy having car since new and not knowing a V6 from A v8 .

I calmly Tell him to change his add get some facts on car and leave. Not his fault he has to drink the water in are area.

My 79 year old Mother knows Her car Is a V6

Yeah, I know what you mean. Last summer my parents drove me to Des Moines (2 hour drive) so I could look at and hopefully buy an 89 K5 Blazer for 2K. The pictures made it look pretty clean, so I called the guy and asked him about it. Said it had a solid motor, new transmission, and a clean body. He said everything worked fine. I asked if he thought I could drive it home and he said "Oh yeah, I drive it 40 minutes to work everyday"

I get there just to find out the fenders and rockers are rusted out, the cab mounts are nearly gone, and the seat mounts had fallin through the floor because of the rust. I started it up, and it did run great, very responcive and smooth throttle and it sounded great. My dad and I got in to take it for a test drive (i was driving). As soon as I start going, I notice the steering wheel has alot of play in it, but I kept going. I hit 10 mph and the damned thing started pulling hard to the left, so I start turning right really fast... and she still kept going left... the wheel had about 540 degrees of play... 1.5 turns... that truck was so damned squirley that I just said **** it. I drove it around the block, parked it in the driveway and left. If that guy drove that thing 40 miles to work everyday, than he's got bigger b***s than I'll every have....

2fit661ca said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Last summer my parents drove me to Des Moines (2 hour drive) so I could look at and hopefully buy an 89 K5 Blazer for 2K. The pictures made it look pretty clean, so I called the guy and asked him about it. Said it had a solid motor, new transmission, and a clean body. He said everything worked fine. I asked if he thought I could drive it home and he said "Oh yeah, I drive it 40 minutes to work everyday"

I get there just to find out the fenders and rockers are rusted out, the cab mounts are nearly gone, and the seat mounts had fallin through the floor because of the rust. I started it up, and it did run great, very responcive and smooth throttle and it sounded great. My dad and I got in to take it for a test drive (i was driving). As soon as I start going, I notice the steering wheel has alot of play in it, but I kept going. I hit 10 mph and the damned thing started pulling hard to the left, so I start turning right really fast... and she still kept going left... the wheel had about 540 degrees of play... 1.5 turns... that truck was so damned squirley that I just said **** it. I drove it around the block, parked it in the driveway and left. If that guy drove that thing 40 miles to work everyday, than he's got bigger b***s than I'll every have....

:rofl: :blam:

People are idiots. I drove from NYC up to Bridgeport to look at a "mint" 301 Grand LeMans for my kid for school. Damn thing is sunk in the mud up to the floorboards, everything is rusted solid, it's a 229, interior is trashed like cats lived in it. But it was "mint"-,green that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor