Door panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regalnomics

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2007
I tried removing the door panels in my 85 Regal but when I get to the part to take off the upper door panel the manual window handle thing is in the way. So what do I have to do to take it off?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
There's a clip behind there that holds the handle on the shaft, I know there's a special tool out there to do it with, but I'm sure there's a way to do it without. Been so long since I've had manual windows I don't even remember :oops: getting spoiled

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
There is a clip that hold the handle to the shaft. It almost looks like a c-clip but is a little different shape. They make a tool specifically for it but you can usually get away with using a set of needle nose pliers.

Take a look down in between the door panel and handle and you should see the clip. You need to push on the "open" end on the clip and it will spread and go flying.

Edit: Damn too slow! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor