Door sill plate resto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I got my door sill plates to almost perfect shape after a little work. I used some 0000 steel wool on them and it cleaned them right up. I also used some Never Dull on them after the steel wool to clean them up a little more.

Here are a couple pics, you can see the difference it made.

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

Well done! I wish I could do that to mine, but the holes are corroded and bigger than the screw heads, so I need new ones. I'm getting aftermarket reproduction ones from elcaminostore.com, they're $50 a piece:

http://www.elcaminostore.com/product.as ... 5Fid=7089#

I asked if they could make it out of steel instead of aluminum but they said no. Damn.

very nice, but on a side note .... dude, I thought MY trunk had some issues .... you can probably reach inside while it's latched

Those turned out nice. 8)

The downside to those aluminum parts is that if you go through the anodized coating, keeping them nice is next to impossible...

True. You can put a clear coat on them after you shine them up that will help but it dulls their look a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor