Drill Hog sharpener?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have been using the Drill Hog line of bits and they are very nice. I needed a few special ones and at the same time I saw the sharpener they sell. I figured why not and bought it. I can't get it to work right. No matter how I set the bits, they get ground funny. I know I am doing something wrong so please wisen me up!
DrillBitSharpener15_360x.jpg

I can’t help with bit sharpening machine. I tried a drill doctor bout 20 yrs ago and couldn’t get it to work. No point in trying again, I can put a bit to the grinding wheel and make it cut good again. High school told me how to and been free hand sharpening bits since.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I have an ancient Black and Decker sharpener I bought my Dad many moons go. I could never get it to work right either.

Yes, I too have been hand sharpening for a while now, but I feel I end up removing way too much material. I figured by now the machines available were better. I guess not.

Reactions: 1 user
No issues with a Drill Doctor here...use it a lot

Reactions: 1 users
I worked with a guy that used to sharpen them on a bench grinder,it always impressed the hell out of me.

Reactions: 1 user
The key to that is having a perfectly flat stone. Any gouges or bumps and you are never going to get the edge you want. My stone sharpener only gets it somewhat flat. You really need a diamond sharpener for a perfect flat surface.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor