Driveshaft orientation

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My driveshaft had the original u joints held in with the nylon that needed heating up to come apart. After doing that and seperating everything i set it to the side and didnt mark which end the yoke came off of.

So now its days later a i have no clue which end to put the yoke on. New u joints with inside clips but not together yet. Does it matter for balancing purposes. I thought the end with the weight on the tube went to the axle but not sure

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
My driveshaft had the original u joints held in with the nylon that needed heating up to come apart. After doing that and seperating everything i set it to the side and didnt mark which end the yoke came off of.

So now its days later a i have no clue which end to put the yoke on. New u joints with inside clips but not together yet. Does it matter for balancing purposes. I thought the end with the weight on the tube went to the axle but not sure
The Poster here( off site) days the middle ones off a el Camino if it's right then the smaller end goes to the rear ...someone else got a better pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240202-104342_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240202-104342_Firefox.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 25

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
The Poster here( off site) days the middle ones off a el Camino if it's right then the smaller end goes to the rear ...someone else got a better pic
If the middle is an elcamino then the first would be what i have. A straight shaft with no reduction and it looks lile the weight is on the slip yoke end. Thanks for the pic

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Not sure if your drive shaft has/had the painted stripes but those are painted closer to the transmission end.
Its so rusted cant see them

I may be making it big deal about nothing but it's my fault I let it set apart too long without marking anything

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor