Duplicolor engine paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminokyle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2007
Anyone ever use Duplicolor engine paint or their hi-temp header paint?
And if you have used them how did they fair?

I haven't used the myself, a lot of friends have. It works really well, as long as you follow the instructions on the can and make sure everything is super clean and rust free.

take my advice use plastikote
if all the instructions are followed it is hands down the best hi temp paint money can buy. I use their engine colors on all my blocks and the scratch and heat resistance is phenominal. It dries quickly too which is good if you are impatient like me.

the high temp exhaust paint is great also. I used it on my headers and it didnt peel at all but I followed the instructions exactly as they were written. The manifold paint is great but you can get away with alot more on manifolds as opposed to headers.

I have had very good luck with duplicolor, and would recomend it to anyone.

<< BIG Plastikote fan!!! I have used Duplicolor and it is ok but for the $ Plastikote is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor