Eastwood's Urethane Paint System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I read an article in Car Craft about Eastwood's paint system, but I don't know of anyone who has used it. I am considering it for my AMC as it seems like the cheapest option for painting the whole car. However, I have no idea how good it is, or if it has sufficient hiding to paint a whole car, with jambs and engine bay in a gallon of white. The car is already white, but will be receiving a few new panels and be partially primered. Still, for $99 for a gallon of paint and the activator, it almost seems too good to be true. So, if anyone has some experience with it, please let me know what you think.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-pure-white-plus-qt-activator-kit.html

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Doesn't seem like a good deal to me, honestly. It doesn't come with activator which you definitely need. Doesn't come with reducer which you might need. You'll have to pay for shipping. If it was me I'd just find a local autobody paint shop and buy it there. They will throw in a ton of stir sticks and filters and you can pick up the other supplies you need. And they can answer questions, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor