CUTLASS EBAY LEAD: GM P/N 25508262 TH200 And TH200-4R Detent Cable GM NOS.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No dog in the hunt, as always. NOS Detent cable for TH200 and TH200-4R transmission. GM p/n 25508262

EDIT: Applies to Olds 307 engine applications.

Doesn't seem to have packaging, but GM normally hot stamped the p/n into the cable sheath. If I had to guess, this was made on May 29, 1996. Based on the 6 (year) 150 (day) marking.

OEM cables and some early OTC GM packaged cables were marked with a small white decal tag of "AAN". Later ones may or may not have come with decals. Naturally I have those decals should you buy one of these cables and need it. They simply wrap around the cable sheath.

Here's an example of decal application. Obviously NOT the one, but it's similar.
detent cable decal sample.jpg

These are superior to the chinesium aftermarket deals that tend to stretch and not work quite right. Not a terrible price for a GM part. Says they have 2. I don't have a need for them.

Last edited:
Good find... i've been on the lookout off and on for these cables just for my 700R4 transmission to stock up on.

I use the shorter TBI/carb versions, and not the much longer one that were used on a TPI system that extends all the way towards the front of the engine that connects to the throttle body.

As for the "chinesium" cables, i cant speak for those, just a B&M adjustable length version for the 700R4. I bought one brand new, and after an entire weekend, i couldnt even get it inserted on the transmission side even with an actual GM seal and a touch of wd40. The outside diameter would have to be "shaved" down a mm or so is my guess, eventually i was able to get it in unmoddified by forcing it, something you should never have to do. The adjustment slider side of the cable with a jam nut towards the carburator would never keep where i set it, it kept pulling loose(unless thats the way it was suppose to set itself, i dunno) when trying to adjust the steele cable using the carb throttle lever by hand. So I gave up and decided to go with an actual GM throttle valve cable just like the one shown in the ebay listing, but with a similar part number, used the required GM seal, and it ploped right in the transmission side within seconds, with a spot of wd40 of course.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor