Edelbrock efi

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
Has anyone ever used the Edelbrock EFI setup before? What’s the difference between max HP besides the obvious. I was planning to purchase one for my new crate 350/th350 combo. Motor comes with 330hp. I’m asking if I buy a 650 max hp will it be too much or does it serve me better for future upgrades? There’s options for 450jp, 550hp and 650hp.

Attachments

• IMG_4062.png
    IMG_4062.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 6

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Its a great upgrade IMO over carburation, i plan to use the very same someday... is the 330HP engine using a roller cam or flat tappet, if the latter, you will have to meticulously break it in correctly and always use conventional oil with zince addative thats included in every quart you use for the life of the engine, do not add any more zinc addative or use synthetic of any kind.

Other than the difference being the #s/hr injectors to support different HP levels... could be that the fuel map program might be different to support higher horsepower levels depending on the model you choose, but i doubt that, so it could nothing more than an injector swap according to the minor price bump between models. Im sure the bigger injectors will NOT be dumping an excesive amount of fuel at low and part throttle since the ECM will be going by the O2 sensor reading to be more efficient, obviously more fuel support is needed for WOT depending on HP level of the engine.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Only thing I have heard is that the electronic portion is very outdated programming wise. Besides that it's a quality unit

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't expect it to run perfect out of the box, especially with a dated ECM. My 300ish HP SEFI Olds 350 with the Terminator X Max stalls at least once every morning, on tune number 5. It is self learning but is kind of like the slow kid in class. I went with the Holley 450 LPH high output in tank pump with Holley 48# injectors, massive overkill. Putting out 65 psi, 64 psi, hammering the throttle around the corner with a 1/4 tank.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Its a great upgrade IMO over carburation, i plan to use the very same someday... is the 330HP engine using a roller cam or flat tappet, if the latter, you will have to meticulously break it in correctly and always use conventional oil with zince addative thats included in every quart you use for the life of the engine, do not add any more zinc addative or use synthetic of any kind.

Other than the difference being the #s/hr injectors to support different HP levels... could be that the fuel map program might be different to support higher horsepower levels depending on the model you choose, but i doubt that, so it could nothing more than an injector swap according to the minor price bump between models. Im sure the bigger injectors will NOT be dumping an excesive amount of fuel at low and part throttle since the ECM will be going by the O2 sensor reading to be more efficient, obviously more fuel support is needed for WOT depending on HP level of the engine.
Yes these are a true upgrade from carb life with all the separate injectors unlike the Sniper, but you are right about just different size injectors in them for the HP rating. The fuel map itself is all customizable depending on the info you put into it.
Only thing I have heard is that the electronic portion is very outdated programming wise. Besides that it's a quality unit
Correct, it does give a good bit of info through a phone with the bluetooth connection that doesn't give you the IR problems that the Sniper is plagued by. But it does not data log or really have tuning options per say like a normal setup would have. But you do have options to change stuff through the app just really sucks there is no true data logging in the system. But I guess you can't have it all

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor