EDELBROCK SP2-P What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubs482

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
So today I was searching for a new intake manifold for my 83 Cutlass Brougham with the 305 and found a EDELBROCK SP2-P manifold. What do you guys think of this manifold. Im on a shoe string budget and get this manifold for 90 bucks.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
what is it??

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
sp2p= s for small p for port 2 for dual p for plane. its and old school edelbrock manifold that was built to be used on mostly stock setups for good low end and mid range power but no top end what so ever. built for small cfm carbs. the runners on this manifold are actually smaller than stock runners. i was gonna use one that my uncle gave to me but i found out this info on it and decided not to. if u got an aftermarket cam this manifold prob wont be best. im sure if u look around, engine shops, craigslist, or swap meets u can pick up a performer rpm manifold for less than 100.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
i just got on ebay to see what they got. they got that sp29 for 75 and a handfull of used performer manis from 60 to 100 and even a torker 2 for 100.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Great low end, part throttle is like MPFI. A stock Qjet will overwhelm it on the top end.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
my uncle used it on his work truck from like the 70s to about 3yrs ago when his work trucks engine crapped out on him he had it rebuilt and now has a peformer intake. he said back then that sp2p intake was good for mpg and low end.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
bjohn07 said:
he said back then that sp2p intake was good for mpg and low end.

Which is exactly what it's designed for. The SP2P came out during the oil shortages of the 1970s. It's a nearly 40 year old design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor