El Camino hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreystudt

n00b
Jan 10, 2008
I have a 78 El Camino and bought some s-10 rims I wanted to run on it but the hubs are a touch to big. Does anyone know if any newer models have a smaller hub, so I would not have to machine them to fit, might be better to redo the brakes in front and rear axel anyway.

Which S-10 rims are they?

I've seen fellows with X-treme rims that have had to remove some material from the hub of the wheel to get them to fit the G-body hubs.

This is a pick of the rims I bought.

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 240
While it's certainly best to have the wheels locate on the hubs, it's not absolutely necessary if you use the proper conical taper on the lug nuts. I would gently open up the center hole in the wheels before I messed with my hubs. Most aftermarket wheels don't locate off the hub. IIRC '78 hubs and spindles are unique to that year, differing from the 79-88 parts. Don't start changing that stuff until you do all your homework on the differences.

Bill

Attachments

• CAM01755.jpg
    CAM01755.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 85
  • CAM01759.jpg
    CAM01759.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor