Elbow for vacuum advance can

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
My vacuum advance can sits just above my alternator belt & I can't run a vacuum line straight out... I need to put an elbow on it. Something along these lines:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-26177-47431.aspx

It's a 3/16" fitting. I can't find an elbow that seems right for this. I feel like it should have a female end & a male end, and everything I see seems to be female/female. I can piece something together but I want it to look clean, since it's right in front.

Any leads or ideas? Thanks...

Could you make a metal elbow from tubing, expand one end a bit bigger, and slip it on with a little sealer?

If so, maybe this piece would work:
Screenshot_20240706-221436~2.png

You can thread a bolt into one end, fill the tube with sand (or solder), put a bolt in the other end and bend it into whatever shape you want without kinks. You don't even need to use a tap, just a steel bolt. Then after removing the bolts and cleaning it use one of these to swage one end big enough to slide onto the nipple on your advance can:
Screenshot_20240706-222001~2.pngScreenshot_20240706-222011~2.png

• Useful
Reactions: ssn696 and SoFloG
Pull a plastic line off of virtually anything in a salvage. Tons of sizes/lengths available and often have a short section of hose on the other end. Running one now on my coupe

Similar to this,,,there are many different elbws used
ado-96451064_or_xl.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor