Factory Sunroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
did any gbody cutlass come with a factory sunroof? i wanna say no, only T-Tops. anybody?????

according to my research and some paperwork from GM, you could order any gbody with a factory sunroof. I have seen several myself......1985 cutlass salon, 1979 hurst olds, 1981 cutlass supreme. the GM term for it in thier sales brochures was "electric sliding glass sunroof (cpe.)(reduces headroom slightly)" available on all 1978 - 1988 cutlass g body

peace

Yes, it was called the "Astroroof". It's rare to find one today as it was not a popular option, and they tended to leak and rot the car out.

Factory power sunroofs are even more rare than T-tops, because when new, T-tops were a $900 option, and the sunroof was something like $1200. That's why there aren't that many, but yes, they are out there.

• Creative
Reactions: Keith j
I just seen a 86 Cutlass a couple weeks ago with one. Crappy part about it was it was a black one in very nice shape except the back bumper and the guy wouldn't sell it to me because he was taking the torch to it to cut it up for race car parts for his other one :x :x :x :x

my 78 monte has a factory astroroof, it has never leaked although the seal has been replaced 3 times in the 30 years the car has been in the family

funny thing the paperwork from GM that was in the glove box on the operation of the astroroof all said Oldsmobile not Chevrolet.

yes it was a very expensive option and also extrememly rare, from what i have been told by various gm people was that astroroofs only were on special order cars and not the normal everyday ones.

i had a 84 riviera with a astro roof and it leaked a little so i replaced the seal for less then 100 bucks and it never leaked again. too bad i got rear ended in the car and barely walked away!

I had one in an 80 GP. It leaked pretty bad. And I looked everywhere and couldn't find a new seal for it. But I loved it. I wish my Malibu had one in it.

i installed a asc roof in my regal and am half way done with trimming the ring off so it looks factory. mine also vents up which looks sweet!i think the seal i had gotten for the factory one was from a gm dealer, it may not be made anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor