Fender Rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Does anybody who lives in long island,NY know someone who knows how to roll fenders.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
do you go to any meets.... your BOUND to find someone at one who can

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
I watched it on TV once. they used a wood baseball bat in the wheelwell against the tire & drove the car ahead. being the bat is tapered you have some control on how much you roll the lip. It looked easy. I've never tried it. Maybe a vid on you tube?

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
gk666 said:
do you go to any meets.... your BOUND to find someone at one who can

No i just had my car shipped up to NY last month and due to the cold and snow there wont be any meets until spring time but im sure ill find someone when i go to one thanks.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
82Calais said:
I watched it on TV once. they used a wood baseball bat in the wheelwell against the tire & drove the car ahead. being the bat is tapered you have some control on how much you roll the lip. It looked easy. I've never tried it. Maybe a vid on you tube?

yeah thanks ill look for one but i rather have someone who has done it plenty of times to do it but thanks anyways.

87LS-WITH-AN-LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2010
MIAMI,FL
85montanezSS said:
82Calais said:

yeah thanks ill look for one but i rather have someone who has done it plenty of times to do it but thanks anyways.
bat trick is a poor mans fender rolling machine and doing it that way will run you a risk of damage......any rim/wheel shop in your area should have the REAL fender rolling machine,they also sell them on ebay

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
87LS-WITH-AN-LS said:
85montanezSS said:
82Calais said:

bat trick is a poor mans fender rolling machine and doing it that way will run you a risk of damage......any rim/wheel shop in your area should have the REAL fender rolling machine,they also sell them on ebay

It was some old guys doing it old school.... looked cool. Lol. I would hate to buckle a fender on a G body :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor