firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well i got my FOID now for a year but i havent bought a weapon yet. id like a 1911 or ar-15 but there damn expencive. well un till i found this site: cheapascanbe.com. so what do you guys have?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
don't have any yet but here's my wishlist: colt 1911A1, national match M1A1, M-40, spec ops .30cal german receiver'd m-16 (sorry, don't know the official designation, semi-auto shotgun (and some flechette rounds), AKMS, H&K MP-10, springfield XD-40...think that's about it for the regular stuff.
BTW the m-16/car-15/m-4 are all complete pieces of sh*t. they're great on the shooting range but that's about it. they get dirty if you look at 'em cross eyed, don't clean easily/completely, and jam constantly. soldiers and marines have been complaining about them since the day they came out. however, one of the german companies makes a receiver for it that works properly (and they make a receiver/barrel in .30cal)

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I had my dads collection which included a vietnam era m16 a1,a 357 magnum dan wesson revolver with an 8 inch barrel,a .25 auto pocket pistol with a nickel plating that earned the nickname "nickel-plated sissy pistol" :rofl: ,a couple of blackpowder guns and currently i have a smith and wesson model 59 9mm handgun.Every gun but the model 59 is gone now.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'm surprised your dad kept the -16, god knows mine wanted nothing to do with them after 'nam. they issued his unit the 16 and they traded them to the FNG's after about 2 weeks. he still loves the m-14!

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
any pics? heres one of my dads .357 mag
l_2040cab8936903165767fc6140f0c8d4.jpg

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
Not sure I want to list everything, The way things are going with this administration,they might be kicking down my door soon! :shock:

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have never owned a gun, but I have always wanted an AK-47. I figure that it is such an iconic design that it would be like owning a important piece of history. I don't really want to ever have to fire it (at least not in anger), but I would enjoy stripping it down to it's component parts and reassembling it over and over again. That way, I may gain some insight into Mikhail Kalashnikov's thought processes when he designed it. Plus, I just think it would be cool to be able to tell people I had one. It would also come in handy should there ever be a need to defend my property in a time of civil unrest. You never know when an assault weapon will come in handy.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I have never owned a gun, but I have always wanted an AK-47. I figure that it is such an iconic design that it would be like owning a important piece of history. I don't really want to ever have to fire it (at least not in anger), but I would enjoy stripping it down to it's component parts and reassembling it over and over again. That way, I may gain some insight into Mikhail Kalashnikov's thought processes when he designed it. Plus, I just think it would be cool to be able to tell people I had one. It would also come in handy should there ever be a need to defend my property in a time of civil unrest. You never know when an assault weapon will come in handy.
As for Kalashnikov's thought processes,you wont get far,but its a decent weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor