First (and probably last) Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottw

Apprentice
May 26, 2009
north dakota
Well it was right after I got the Cutlass running this year and I always get a bunch of crap from kids at school because I'm about the only guy at school who has a vehicle that isn't brand new and runs like a top.

So my sisters boyfriend at the time, he has this honda 4 door(accord I think) he's got a big coffee can muffler that amuses me and he always told me he was gonna wax me when I got my car into town so I finally get her into town and I told him it was going down after work.

So beings that its small town ND, when I see him and I point to the road south of town he turns around and follows me and when we go by the spot where the truck guys hang out, they all fire up their straight pipe, glasspacked pickups and they get behind us.

Well we head out past the old slaughter house and all the trucks stop there and pretty much blocked the road, but it didn't really matter because that road is pretty much out of commission. We then proceed about a quarter mile down this old asphalt road and we get turned around and I had three guys in the car and he had none. So I kick the one guy out to ride with the ricer (more weight for him haha) and I tell him first one back to the pickups and he says thats cool with him. I get backed up a little and I do a little rolling burnout to heat up my tire (open rearend) luckily it was the wheel next to him. We line up and I give him a little taste of the sidepipes and I let my bud riding shotgun do the countdown. 3..2..1 and with my crappy tires I didn't grab real well but it didn't really matter and I hooked up and blew his damn doors right off, me and the bud were high fivin all the way back and I got back to the pickups and I was out of the car before he got back. I told him better luck next time. Needless to say I got respect from everyone after that, I still get the occasional comment but I just say "Lets line em up then". Still no takers. God I love V8s

Reminds back to when i first got my 79 Grand Prix with a Chevy 305. I drove it for about 3 months till a friend of my friend got a 78 Grand Prix with a 301 Pontiac and he wanted to race me. The cars were the Same color , white with a baby blue interior!! He had told my buddy he wanted to race me and told everyone that i didn't want to. So one weekend we went out to a old back country road and raced three times. I beat him every single time!!! What i laughed at was the fact was that every single time we took off it was really slooooow! 😀 But i was young and and loved every minute of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor