floor jacks

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I had a Hein Warner 1.5 ton jack for years. The thing was pretty heavy. A long time ago my buddy bought an Arcan aluminum jack from Costco. It was a great deal so I picked one up myself. Decent jack. Very light. I was using that most of the time. Much easier to roll around.
Last year I was using the Hein Warner to jack up our Yukon. I had the Arcan under my pickup. Turned around the the Hein leaked down. I had stands uner the frame so it wasnt a big deal. Couldnt find the rebuild kit so I went shopping for a replacement. My go to tire shop switched over to the Daytonas a couple of years ago. I know the owners and they told me the Daytonas have held up really well. Six days a week, many vehicles lifted and none have failed.
After hearing that I went to the local HF and bought one. Got a yellow one. When I was paying for it the manager told me about the HF warranty. He said keep track of the purchase date. He said month or two before the original warranty expires bring it back and say it leaks down. HFs policy is you get a replacement jack. No questions asked. Im not sure if he was just feeding me a line of crap but if thats really true how can you go wrong ? I guess after their jack stands had that big problem they decided its not worth a lawsuit. LOL

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The Daytona super duty is 104lbs IIRC.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I’d have to see what the one that I got from my dad but it’s 40+ yrs old. Tired but only needs a rebuild. Think it’s a NAPA. Which is an option of going with an old used one

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I’d have to see what the one that I got from my dad but it’s 40+ yrs old. Tired but only needs a rebuild. Think it’s a NAPA. Which is an option of going with an old used one
Thats about the age of my Hein Warner. Parts were hard to find and the places that had them were expensive !

• Sad

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I had the same experience as Mr streetbu that yellow Daytona jack was the best one I've used in a long time.i tried to reseal mine( it was older than me)years back and it still leaked.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I have had a Daytona for around 6 years, even used it to get my in laws RV out of a ditch, it managed to pick that giant thing up and not break. Went back about 6 months ago and got the Daytona low profile as well. You'll love it and it'll be good for years to come.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
All of the Mexican tire shops around me use nothing but the Daytonas. I ask each shop I go to if they’ve ever had issues with them. Not a single one of them has had an issue, hence why I have one in my garage now! Just don’t plan on throwing in the bed of the truck to take to the junk yard! I have one of their aluminum racing jacks that i have mounted in my toy hauler in the event of a flat on the road. Both jacks lifted my 32’ trailer up with no issues what so ever. I promise you’ll love that jack every time you use it and the quick release on the handle is a nice feature

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor