FML- CALIFORNIA CAN SUCK A BIG ONE! SMOG </3

Status
Not open for further replies.

o ARC ATHEISTxX

Greasemonkey
May 1, 2011
Los Angeles
So on Sunday i had my rims sparkling cause I have no paint, lol, and i decided to do a burn-out and be on my way to the G-Body run. When crackle-dackle, I blew my rear end. I was cool with this, i was about to order new ring-pinion and an eaton posi to replace my worn out one when boom the mail man came with a letter from the DMV
Mandatory smog check at a check only station.

i bought the car with everything gutted so i really dont know where to start. i put 2 magna-flow cats on it (california legal 30000s).

the car has headers and the air pump is still on the engine.

what would i have to do to pass smog legally? EGR Valve is all i know i need. :blam: :blam:

Why not just take it to get inspected and let them tell you what you need :idea:

Pay a homie to Pass you....Come on brah u live in Los Angeles where n e thing goes!!! I get mine passed all the time..12pack....wait cant tell you too much tho,......lmao lmao lmao.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RITTER said:
Why not just take it to get inspected and let them tell you what you need :idea:
Because the State Ref will Tag you and if the car is on the street it gets impounded

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Pay a homie to Pass you....Come on brah u live in Los Angeles where n e thing goes!!! I get mine passed all the time..12pack....wait cant tell you too much tho,......lmao lmao lmao.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lol, i know. Too bad the state started cracking down on everybody doing this. now you have to know someone who has done it with them if not they won"t even risk it.

Dave V said:
1st off i can tell youhow t beat the smog beofre you go to a station email me [email protected] you also will not pass with the headers unless you got an eo number and they are legal. but like said i am somg legal with my engione swap but i can get you beat it no problem email me.
About to email you!

In you have to have everything that came on the vehicle. And if you change anything it has to have an special exception number on it. Everything on the SMOG sticker needs to be intact for the visual portion. It sounds like you are "basically" legal. But if you have headers that are not Excepted, even if they have the AIR connection they wont be "legal". Also, if you modified the exhaust to be dual, even if you have TWO cats that is "illegal" because you can not have any mods to the Cat system. Adding a Cat makes it illegal. You can only have ONE. You MIGHT be able to get it "exempted" but you need to get "failed" first and then apployfor an exemption.

Seems like Cal is hot spot for cool rods and have tons of places catering to the car enthusiasts, yet it's illegal to fricken do anything. :roll:

How are there so many cool cars LEGALLY 'customized' cruising around over there? :?

DoubleV said:
Seems like Cal is hot spot for cool rods and have tons of places catering to the car enthusiasts, yet it's illegal to fricken do anything. :roll:

How are there so many cool cars LEGALLY 'customized' cruising around over there? :?
It's all fun cruising till CHP pulls you over! :rofl:

i was thinking about this today when i was looking up the laws for new hampshire for underglow and a few other things. there are all these laws saying what you can and cant do to YOUR own car. its crazy like what harm is having red lights on the underside of my car? isnt this a free country? but i cant do anything to my own car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor