Front brake question/confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean1369

n00b
Oct 28, 2014
I have recently come back to the dark side and bought another GM (had a few fox bodies) I picked up an 80 Malibu that I plan to build a street legal auto cross car and eventually attack pikes peak. Big rims, big brakes, 5.3 and a T5, still unsure about a 10 or 12 bolt rear. I want to start by addressing the front brakes. I scored a set of LS1 F body front calipers last night and it is my understanding that I should use 98+ 2wd blazer spindles. Are they the same as ZQ8 spindles? I've come across some conflicting information. Is there a P/N for these? A lot of the information I have come across refers to corvette stuff and is a bit confusing. I'm just trying to figure out what I need to use the F body LS1 brakes up front and eventually the rear also but I don't have an axle yet so that's further down the road. Thank you, any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor