Front suspension

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Redoing the front suspension finishing up with global west tubular A arms and QA1 coil overs. Have a new steering gear box just need to purchase the other remaining suspension parts. Should I get from Detroit axle, A1auto, parts geek? Who do you guys recommend

between the control arms and coil overs you have it sounds like you've got the suspension department well covered.did you mean all the steering related items?

Yes I was trying to figure out if there was a difference between companies or if anyone has a preference on the other parts of the steering system

Yes I was trying to figure out if there was a difference between companies or if anyone has a preference on the other parts of the steering system
that's a dilemma i'm kinda stuck in. my car just passed inspection with OEM eqip from 86' 73k miles after just replacing suspension to stock sorta with alden coilovers. decided gonna stick with all that for now tie rods & what not. now in near term i wanna replace my steering shaft, mikes montes has a U joint refurb i not yet inquired about. as far a detroit axle i can't vouch for but is a cute quality sounding name i see all over amazon. all i can say is go thru comments see what others are saying and when i get around to that area i'm prolly goin acdelco.

side note it seems all 2ndary market part are sh&t regardless of brand so regardless of brand it may be more of pick your poison.

i could swear i inquired about opgi their front end kit and recall them sayin 'don't know where made but not having any complaints'. couldn't find in my email box and sure didnt delete otherwise i'd copy & paste.

MY BAD IT WASN'T OPGI! heres the reply from last dec. i inquired about 7888SFK-R and quite sure there was more to it than now shown
Thank you for reaching out. This kit is put together here from parts that we source locally, but I am not sure where our supplier gets them.

We have not had any issues with QC with these products, but we do not have that kit on back order due to not having enough of one item to put that kit together.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
Erick Magdaleno

Classic Performance Products, Inc.
P 714-522-2000
F 714-522-2500
www.classicperform.com

at one time moog parts were the go-to for quality/longevity.a lot's changed in the last 5+/- years and there's been talk that they've gone down hill(like an awful lot of thing's)due to company's changing hands/offshore holding's etc.the majority of the parts now are made elsewhere with no way to know what's solid and whats not.there was a time when buying a complete front end kit from a big box parts outlet was loaded with the cheapest china-taiwan parts around and there was a few USA branded out there but now it's a crapshoot.

For idler pivots there may be an out of the box solution:

Provided this bracket keeps the stock pivot locstion, and the 1 ton idler arms are the same length, it should be a major improvement over a stock unit, even the beefier aftermarket replacements.

Something I’ll likely be trying to figure out over this winter.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor