Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMG_1381.JPG

I just made a bracket to mount my 4 port to the front intake bolt with the fuel line from the cell running straight up to it.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Thanks guys. The brackets look nice but probably more than I would like to spend. Looks like I'll be doing something like 565bbchevy. Looks good!

Did you place the filter before the inlet? The instructions on mine say to place the filter before the inlet of the regulator.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks guys. The brackets look nice but probably more than I would like to spend. Looks like I'll be doing something like 565bbchevy. Looks good!

Did you place the filter before the inlet? The instructions on mine say to place the filter before the inlet of the regulator.

On my Monte I have my filter attached to the inlet of my Paxton 300 electric pump in the back, the SBC I am doing in the summer will have a mechanical fuel pump and that filter will be between the pump outlet and the regulator which I will also make a bracket for and mount it similar to my Monte.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have my fuel pressure gauge mounted directly to an outlet on the regulator (with AN hose) so the reading I get is exact and I think having the fuel filter before the regulator will work better since the fuel filter will cause a restriction but since you will be giving it full pressure though the filter and up to the regulator it will not change the adjustment on the regulator.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Are you talking about the hose coming from the fuel pump not lining up? If so couldn't you put a bend in your bracket right at the bottom of the regulator to adjust the angle.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Are you talking about the hose coming from the fuel pump not lining up? If so couldn't you put a bend in your bracket right at the bottom of the regulator to adjust the angle.

The regulator side is good I adjusted the bracket. It's the banjo. Since I have put in the banjo is always been in the position you see in the pic and can't put it vertical because the hex piece won't allow the banjo to fit vertical.

But before the regulator I had some slack in it and now the hose is sitting on the carb choke side. I am getting am an fitting in the carb inlet and a 90* fitting. Besides I would rather have it pointing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor