Funny Valentine's Day Steak Dinner Story

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maybe not funny, but odd.

Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, the wife wanted to celebrate our dinner portion of the evening at Outback because she was in the mood for shrimp/steak. Ok, they do alright here. Not the greatest, but it's pretty good and the beer is frosty cold. And the wife wanted to go, so we go.

So we pull up and notice it's not crowded. We figured at first, we had some sort of stroke of alternate universe luck, as there was just a few cars in the parking lot, but something seemed off. As we were parking, we noticed several people around the entrance outside all wearing outback T-shirts. A cute little black girl came running up to the car as we were getting out and told us they were having technical difficulties with the grill and basically, they were closed. WTF? That's NEVER happened before. She apologized for the inconvenience and gave us a coupon card for a free bloomin' onion as a consolation prize. I faked my concern and jokingly said, "What, you don't serve our kind here anymore?" She just stopped and locked up. She didn't know what to say. I just told her I was just joking and she laughed. Probably laughing at me, but I'd like to think she was laughing with me.

We ended up going to Longhorn's for our steak dinner. Beer was cold, but not frosty cold. Still drank it, though. Not sure if Outback ever got their grill fixed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Should have just gone with this.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor