G-body body mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Does anyone have a source for new rubber body mount biscuits, washers, and bolts for G-bodies? I'm having the frame and suspension components on my '78 Lemans sandblasted and painted and want to go with all new body mounting hardware when it's done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I'd check any GM dealer, if they don't have it your regular parts stores might carry them. I have plans to pull the body off my car frame and put it on one of the frames we have at the shop, but when I put it back together I'm gonna use polyurethane all around.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Poly mounts really harshen the ride. Unless you are aiming for maximum handling regardless of the comfort level I would reconsider the polyurethane body mounts.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I might reconsider the polygraphite, because this will NOT be a corner carver when I'm finished. I'm going for more of a fast (in a straight line) street car that I can take to the drags every now and then and get into the 12s. I guess rubber would be fine for that. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor