G-Body scrap yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

in d nile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 27, 2009
Mn
Anyone know where or if there is any G-Body junkyards in or around Minnesota? Im in need of a drivers side floor,and I don't want to buy a new replacement if I can help it.(88 Monte SS)

you may want to either get a piece of sheet metal welded in or buy an all new floor pan. i removed my carpet and found small rust holes all over my floor.... :shock:

Thanks but I dont want sheet metal-looks like sh#t to me. I want something factory looking, and I want to save $$ by getting something used.

Theres Rohners Salvage yard in Willmar. Good selection, but stuff is hard to get to, and the chance of finging a good floor is small. Possible though. Theres enough 4 drs there that you might find a good one. 4dr and 2 dr floors are the same FYI.

Theres a smaller yard in Erhard MN that had a nice GP but you'd have to pull the interior and that would be a pain. 4 or so reguar Montes, few regals and some rusted out cutlasses. Floor might be gone on them too.

Ive never really spent much time looking at floors in cars so I cant help you any more than that. Ya gotta get to yards that look old IMO.

Yeah I hear ya. I've just been to busy to go look. Willmar is only 1/2hour drive-might have to find time and get over there. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor