Gbody automatic shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutlassKage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
I am thinking of putting a floor shifter in my 78 Cutlass. I have a few B&Ms laying around. My transmission is a 200. I have seen a lot of GM shifters on craiglist. Are any of the factory shifters from the 70s and 80s universal? Would rather put one of those in.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
A factory floor shifter can be made to work. You'll need the matching shifter arm off the trans

CutlassKage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
Thank you. So, are all the three speed trannys (200, 250, 350) universal when it comes to GM shifters? My first gbody as had fox body fords before.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Most of the 3 speed shifters are the same. Some of the shifter cable bracketsbolt to the pan some bolt on the side of the transmission case. Look for a complete donor to get parts off of.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor