GN/ monteSS catback. Willit fit Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoutlaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
Chicopee, MA
I have a question. Iwas looking in Summit and Jegs catalogs and saw catback exhausts for the monteSS and GN but not for any other Gbody. Will these fit my Cutlass or is there a difference? The car runs great right now so I dont want to mess with the emissions by putting a dual exhaust on( at least not for a few years until I can afford to swap to a ROCKET 350.) Oh ya the engine size down below. Thanks for any help.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
They will fit.
However,I installed a Dynomax 2.25" headers back true dual exhaust kit.Hooked up to stock exhaust manifolds.It didnt come with mufflers,but i installed two CherryBomb Super Turbo mufflers.I love the sound.And it's inexpensive.Your car should be old enough to be exempt from emissions tests.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have the Dynomax cat back on my Cutlass, so it does fit. However, you have to figure out how to hang it because it does not come with hangars or any brackets welded to the pipes for hangars. I would use another brand though. The Y pipe Dynomax uses is very restrictive and I am planning on modifying mine so that it will flow better.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
The Hooker kit is a direct bolt on to the 80s V8 Cutlass sans converter. it comes with the y pipe which has the Chevy specific flange and it comes with a test pipe that has a flange on one side and open side on the other...it works with the later 350/403 downpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor