Goodyear Yellow sidewall letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can still get Goodyear tires (not slicks) with YELLOW sidewall lettering. And if not GOodyear, then any other brand. I just knew Goodyear has (well used to have) their "#1 nascar" tires with yellow lettering.

I'm pretty sure they discontinued the yellow letters awhile bakc. Had a set on my old s10 until i fried the rears and couldn't find replacements. They still have that tire although it is with white lettering. I haven't heard of any other tire manufacturers with the yellow letters.

Maybe you could just get a white lettered tire and use a yellow tire marker on it? I've seen those markers but I don't know how well they work. I do know however that sharpie marker holds up on micro sprint racing tires.

Goodyear Eagle #1 NASCAR (no longer available with yellow letters) <<<<---Straight from Goodyears website

As stated above you can get a yellow dye marker and it looks pretty good for awhile - I have seen a few cars at shows with that done.

othtim said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can still get Goodyear tires (not slicks) with YELLOW sidewall lettering. And if not GOodyear, then any other brand. I just knew Goodyear has (well used to have) their "#1 nascar" tires with yellow lettering.

These tires have been dis continued for at least 2.5 years you could check local GM ( bigger one's ) dealer for they came stock on the Nascar version Monte Carlos of the 2004 and above era

Those color markers for tires work pretty good. I used white before & it came out great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor