Got rid of my 87 Cutlass "Euro" front by trading for an 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Its been traded!!! Found what I was looking for locally and met some great people in the process.

I dont like the later model front as much as the 81-85 or 86?
Anyone with the 4 headlight front up for a possible trade?

This just before I took it off to pull hte 307

You can see it in the back ground there. I'll be putting it back on later this week if I have not made a deal with anyone.

Attachments

• file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,799
  • file-3.jpeg
    file-3.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 952
Re: Thinking of getting rid of my 87 Cutlass "Euro" front

I'm also one of the odd balls that likes the 81-86 header panel. For some reason, I think the euro looks good on certain colors, including the light blue like your car. I do have a spare 81-86 header, I'm not in need of a euro header, as in I wouldn't want to mess with shipping it & all that, but I would trade you if you have trouble finding someone local or whatever & were willing to come get it. I'm in southern indiana.

I think the euro clip looks way better esp w the baby blue which easily my fav stock color on cutlass - but if you disagree how much you want for it once you take it off?

I dislike the euro front. I had a buddy with a 1987 Cutlass Supreme Brougham with that front and I was going to sell him a 83 front clip but a few days before he got the money he hit a deer and he decided he wanted something different. Was a great car but his choice was his. Your best bet on getting that clip is from a salvage yard possibly. I don't know too many people who would sell theirs.

First off, I do no think I will be keeping the blue on the car. I plan on white, silver, gray or black. Second, I keep my bumper correct? Just need the abs, headlight trim and grille right? Will I need different wire connectors for the older headlights or are they the same?

i have one off a 85 442, the paints rough but there no damage. it has 83 Calais grills installed. i mybe down by your way in week or so. if interested let me know. i may get pounded from some of you guys, but thinking how a euro look on a hurst.

bigblockfrank said:
i have one off a 85 442, the paints rough but there no damage. it has 83 Calais grills installed. i mybe down by your way in week or so. if interested let me know. i may get pounded from some of you guys, but thinking how a euro look on a hurst.

PMd you

Yes bumpers are same 81-88

It might look good frank, who knows. I would think it would b just fine if you used the original color & the hurst badge like you had planned before. Franks a great guy. I've dealed with him a couple times, actually got my header from him for a spare for my cutlass.

The front end that I am wanting to trade

Left corner light spider webbed from age?

Left headlight has a crack but still works

Right grill on bottom has a crack but it is repairable

See, it pulls together nicely

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,479
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 634
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor