Grand Prix Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
Today, I finally got over the hump to getting my car back on the road. I finally got tires for the new wheels, which was the largest expense needed to get it going again. I recently acquired Blazer spindles for bigger brakes so I became ready for new tires and got them today. The car needed new tires and I had the wheels for a while and finally got the rest of the money needed to get everything else I needed to finish getting it in running condition. I still need a new battery, battery cables, oil, small odds and ends but now have the money for them along with the tires.

1985 Pontiac Grand Prix, original drivetrain; 3.8 Buick V6, 200 metric, 2.41 peg leg

color: factory two tone grey

options: tilt steering, air conditioning.

transmission: swapped out for a th350 with Fairbanks shift kit. Unsure of future transmission, th400, 2004R or 4L80E.

engine: to be replaced with a Cadillac 472. Cooling upgraded with a b-body composite radiator and a Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan.

rear/gear: unsure of future upgrades.

suspension: front/PST polygraphite super front end kit with KYB shocks and PST springs, 1 1/8" sway bar. rear/Grand National sway bar added and bilstein shocks. Future upgrades include: Trailing arms with roto joints and springs for the rear and a 36mm f-body sway bar, S-10 springs and Bilstein shocks for the front. Possibly A arms as well.

brakes: somewhat stock with stainless steel lines and stainless steel braided hoses, b-body master cylinder, S10 manual brakes wheel cylinders, Hawk Performance HPS formula pads and Bendix organic shoes. Future upgrades: Blazer spindles with Corvette rotors and LS1 rear disc conversion.

chassis bracing/stiffening: GP bar (factory), radiator x braces (factory), curved core support to inner fender braces (factory), rear seat brace (factory), trunk bracing (factory), jounce bars (junk yard). I will be acquiring trailing arm braces in the future and trailing arm mounting bracket bracing as well. I might get some 78-80 Monte Carlo underhood braces, not sure I really need them.

Wheels & tires: 14 x 6 steel wheels with 205/70/14 Goodyear Eagle LS tires in the front with 215/70/14 Goodyear Wingfoot HP tires in the back. Everything will be replaced with Summit Legend 5 wheels, 17 x 8, with 245/45/17 Falken Ziex tires.

Currently, I am working on finishing up the brakes, bleeding the new master cylinder, putting on newly painted remanned calipers, replacing the wheel cylinders with the S10 7/8" wheel cylinders and bleeding the whole system. After that I need to: replace the transmission lines, put in a new battery, replace a battery cable, change the oil, flush the cooling system, replace the bulbs in the dash clusters, put in the factory gauge cluster and maybe replace the headlights. I also need to replace the cap and rotor, plugs and wires. A bunch of small stuff that is going to take up my time getting done. I still need a couple parts but I already have most of the stuff I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor