great expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermouse84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
im new here and i bought my project car a year ago and havent touched it since. its an 84 olds cutlass supreme. Im gonna start on it once i get outta college. i have high expectations some might even say too high. i was thinkin about puttin in a 383 stroker but then realized i knew like four people that had them in their g-body cutlasses. So im deciding to go all out. a barely streetable strip car, as for the drivetrain i want to put in a 600hp/575ft-lb sblock chevy crate engine, built 700r4 with trans brake, unsure on a converter, flowtech afterburner headers with remote exhaust cutouts, bassani exhaust the rest of the way back, a ford 9in rearend, unsure on the gearing; for the chassis im doin suspension from wolfe racecraft, 4-6pt roll cage, 4-wheel disk brakes, 17in aluminum rims unsure on tire size, as far as body mods go im puttin a full ground effects kit from lauren engineering, might mini tub, fiberglass front/rear bumpers and doors, a w-30 style hood from usbody.com, shaved handles/emblems, all covered with a two tone black and gunmetal paintjob, black on top, gunmetal on bottom separated by a simple aluminum graphic. Interior; I love the bench seat but itll probably hafta go. B&M shifter, autometer gauges, A-pillar gauge pod, a decent stereo, and a detachable steering wheel. An definitely a highdollar alarm. Any input is appreciated.

monstermouse84

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome! Don't let anybody tell you you can't do it. If that is your dream car then go for it. Anything is possible but it has to start as an Idea first. You have the dream now run with it. All it takes is time and money.If you have plenty of time the money will eventually come. Make sure you remember us when the dream car is done and show us some pictures and maybe videos.Good Luck!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i guess you don't plan on paying off those college loans right away, huh? :lol: one thing you do need to change is the rims. on the drag strip the 17"s won't be any good. i'd just get a set of wide 15"s and put on drag radials for the strip, and have the 17"s for the street.
it's gonna be a sick car, have fun with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor