Great Looking Rear Spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlackSheep

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
Fort Knox, KY
Where can I find one of these? So far I've seen this pic and a video of an '84 on youtube. I can settle for a Grand National spoiler but I really like the look of this one.
87T_512x768_2.jpg

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
I have the same one on my regal and i love the way it looks too. Im not sure if different years of cuttys have different trunks and tail lights because i thought it came off of a cutty but it doesn't fit on a friend's that got the same one because of how the tail lights are higher than the trunk

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
It may not be exactly the same one but you can try one off a 3rd gen f-body.
100_0922.jpg

87BlackSheep

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
Fort Knox, KY
I'd be happy with either of those! Guess I'll keep looking but they're few and far between.

Reactions: 1 user

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
jrm81bu said:
It may not be exactly the same one but you can try one off a 3rd gen f-body.
100_0922.jpg
X2 I was thinking the Firebird spoiler of that vintage...............

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The Firebird and H/O spoilers are the same design except for the pedastal heights. And the H/O spoilers have wing tips that are just glued into place (which typically fall out) unlike the firebird.

The firebird spoiler would be the cheapest and easiest to get. Obviously an original H/O spoiler would command a heft price.

Your other option is looking at www.laureneng.com for a reproduction. However they're not cheap.

87BlackSheep

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
Fort Knox, KY
Appreciate it much buddy. I had a look at the site and they do have the spoiler I want for a good $280. :shock: Well I guess I should start saving now.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well I have an extra H/O spoiler laying around but it is missing the tips. Not sure if that would help you any :?

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I have a rear spoiler off late 80's Firebird, and I set it up on my trunk lid to see how it would look and fit, and it seems too narrow. It doesnt clear the sides of the trunk lid to reach the top edges of the 1/4 panels. The whole spoiler fits within the width of the trunk lid. Am I missing something or is this the norm when using these? Thanks.

Also, I should add, my car is an 85 Monte SS if that makes a difference in width of the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor