Header Primary Tube Diameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Is there any gaing in switching Primary Tube Diameter to a 1 1/2 from 1 5/8?

what engine, how much power, usage...?
basically you want a tube that's just large enough. too large kills velocity, which kills scavenging, which robs power. of course, unless it's a pure race engine, you probably won't notice.

I agree. Unless you're spinning the motor past 4k on a regular basis there probably won't be a huge difference, but at the very least any set of headers over regular manifolds helps.

Doober said:
I agree. Unless you're spinning the motor past 4k on a regular basis there probably won't be a huge difference, but at the very least any set of headers over regular manifolds helps.

It's a 350H.O Crtare 330hp/380 lb.-ft, and it's a daily. I have a set of flowtech's with 1 5/8 Primary Tube Diameter now, but can get a pair of headmans with 1 1/2 Tube Diameter for a really good prcice. I dont need to replace them, but just looking for extra hp :wink:

Thanx guys for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor