headers???? for 79 malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

79chevybu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2009
Hey guys working on a 79 malibu I just got. They guy that I bought it from put a chevy small block 350 in it but for some reason left the stock manifolds after putting on a $500 exhaust. Will any shorty headers fit on the car that fit a small block 350 or do I need something special???

lol summit search it. I am running full length "flowtech" afterburner series, but they make flowtech shorties too, just look up the right headers for your car!

I also had flowteck headers (regular ones) on my 78 malibu, and the only issue that i had was the colum gear linkage would rub up on one of tubes. A lil bend fixed the problem..

Ausby said:
how do you like the flowtechs? they fit pretty good? dont rub on anything? i was looking at those for mine.

they fit great on my regal, so they should fit the same on your malibu.

i got a cutlass. but they are all the same. i wont be using any kinda angle plug heads or nothing like that. so i'm sure they will work fine.

supposedly you will need a shorter spark plug for one cylendar 6, but i did not check to see if a regular one would have worked, i just put the short one on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor