headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2008
mpls.mn.
putting a 69 olds 350 in a 83 h/o how do i order headers for a car without stock motor? which system sounds the best?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Just get the headers for the stock engine. The 307 is exactly the same dimensionally on the outside. Make sure you look under the "check to make sure this part fits your application" part and be sure it says Oldsmobile(not Chevy!!!) under the engine family part.

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
I just put some headers in my 82 with a 350 Chevy. I went with Flowtechs, buddy said they were good runners.... Well they fit pretty good but I had an issue with the stock shifter linkage. The bar from the frame to the transmission would hit the top of the header tubes. they dropped the header down real low on the drivers side.I had to cut the bar and put 3 seperate cuts in it to get the geometry right 95%. If you have a floor shift its fine I wanted to keep the colunm shift for the sleeper look. Good Luck Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor