heater troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvinton

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2007
i was wondering if anyone could take a picture of there heater box i am having troubles figuring it out because i took the a/c off and i just kept the heater for defrost only. any pictures or info would help thanks ray

Non-A/C box or A/C box? What kind of troubles?

Here's a pic of my A/C box. The engine is a SBC with a 84 Z-28 305 HO air filter housing, 87 IROC Z A/C line and a few other minor deviations from a pure stock SBC G body.
m_2c48456573531a3459edf341be8ffb82.jpg

A larger pic can be accessed on my My Space page under pictures in the Cutlass folder. The link is in my sig.

That's not detailed enough information. By took the A/C off what did you remove? What doesn't work? What are you trying to hook up? Please be more specific.

i removed all a/c componets all i want to work is the blower but it doesn't work and i don't know how to test the blower to see if it works and i looked at the hanes manual and i couldn't understand it

It can be a few things. Start at the blower motor and test the voltage when it is turned on. If the purple wire has 12v of current with the switch set to high, the motor is bad. If not, go the next 2 steps backwards and test the resistor ( grey plug on top of the box next to the blower motor) and the relay ( side of box behind where the accumulator would be).

i replaced my heater fan and motor and it didnt work till i hooked up power to the switch. maybe thats it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor