Heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FULL_MONTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2006
Middletown, N.Y.
yesterday i got in my car and went for a ride. i noticed the heat didn't seem to be working. upon closer inspection the vents were semi warm but the fan wasn't blowing any air out of them. any idea why this is happening? i already briefly checked connections and wire and the fuses are all ok.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Is the fan running? I know that the heater blend door is vacume controlled and if its not hooked up the heater will only work on the low settings, and defrost only. Let me know what you find, its a typical problem with GBody cars, I have the same issue with my Elco.

FULL_MONTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2006
Middletown, N.Y.
the fan wasn't working. its fixed now. one of the terminals on the fan motor was very corroded so after a little cleaning the connection is all better and back to normal.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I HATE that stupid little ground clip on the housing :evil: I went around x2 with mine until I figured out that it wasn't connecting -only- where the wire was connected to it, but the rest of that little 90-deg. bent bit of metal was a perfect conductor! Hook up the VM, "yup 12V! There it goes..." :evil:

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Glad you got it working, those fan motors can be a hassle. At least it turned out to be something easy to fix :)

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
DGlad to hear u got it fixed. I drove a Monte in Indy 2 years with NO heat. Very cold ride since the windows have to be down to keep windows clear. I wouldn't wish that on any of u.

FULL_MONTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2006
Middletown, N.Y.
yea ive done that before. its funny. sometimes my windows dont fog untill im moving then when they start to fog they really fog so i have to roll the windows down to speed it up.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I know what thats like... my heater right now only works on low and I have to drive w/ the windows down. Nothing to big, its not a daily driver any more. It used to suck in the winter! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor