Help id'ing this part (manifold vacuum check valve?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
To make a short story long....

I recently had a local speed shop install a new exhaust system for my cutlass (305ci). New headers, flowmasters, x-member, etc. In the process I lost the EFE (heat riser), which was to be expected, since it was attached to the exhaust manifolds. So the guys disconnected the vacuum tubes to that and the problem is they went a little further....

The thermatic air cleaner sensor and the vacuum tank were all disconnected as well!I can also understand why they removed the thermatic sensor vacuum line, because the heat stove (also attached to the manifold) is now gone so it's affectively not working.

Not sure what they were thinking when they disconnected the vacuum tank, I assume they thought it was only used for the emission equipment, but I noticed it wasn't wokring when my dash vents weren't working (also after I looked through here and realized that's what controls them)...

I found the manifold vacuum nipple and stuck the black line from the vacuum tank to it and voila!.. dash vents.

Problem is that I'm not sure if I have a check valve in there. I'm 90% sure it's there, but want your opinion. I have a 1979 olds service manual and a Hanyes cutlass manual, but there's no detail on the vacuum tank and thermatic lines anywhere. I *THINK* that the line came from the manifold and was t'ed to the thermatic line and to the EFE and also to the vacuum tank. That would explain why they disconnected it all, when removing the EFE. I know the EFE requires a check valve.

Take a look:
2010-06-15-10-26-30.jpg

Is that a check valve in the manifold. Looks too big to be just a connector. Also looks very similar to these:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... 2529%2BOHV

Am I right? And yeah, I realize I could go WOT around the neighbor hood with my hand over the dash vents to test....ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor