Help Quick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
www.cardomain.com
Alright, I'm about to kill someone because I have tried all possible combinations of wiring to the starter solenoid!!!!

The big + battery cable and the other big ring terminal wire are on the big stud. What is the placement of the other two small ring terminals?? There is one small stud to either side of the big stud. There is the 12ish gauge wire from the battery and the other that goes to the fuse box, which one goes where?!?

On an olds 350 of course 8) A pic would be awesome!!

Come on guys, somebody has to know...

battery to the big stud, the red fuseable link to the big stud and the purple to the solenoid stud on the starter

Didn't work... tried the purple wire on both of the little terminals...

What about the little wire from the battery??n Don't I need that?

You should have at least 2 wires + the battery cable.
One (purple) goes to the small stud marked S (drivers side). This activates the solenoid.
One (red) goes to the large stud with battery cable. This supplies voltage to the car.
Hope this helps.
Jean
PS the other small stud is not connected. This originally was for cars that had points and an external coil.

Another thing, You should have a ground wire from the body to the Battery ground.
This would cause you also to have problems.
Jean

Hope this helps...

3895230100_large.jpg

Disregard the color of my wires, it's collateral damage from when I had the SBC in there...

The + cable was touching the other big terminal closest to the actual starter... Thanks guys and Thanks for the pic Blake!!
One step closer to running!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor